The fort is just off Bellspark Road on the Fort Road at Urney. It is between Major Perry and Mc Crossans land. A round circle covered in trees, it has a long walk up to it. It also has a tunnel that is overgrown, it used to run under the CDR railway lines and the River Finn. The tunnels were used for smuggling and no one knows how long it has been there, but whether it is myth or truth Red Hugh O'Donnell and Hugh O'Neill may have used the fort during the Nine Years War.
The Church of Ireland, Christchurch, Urney is situated on the Urney road. The church was consecrated in 1866 replacing the earlier church a short distance away. The church is part of the Derry and Raphoe Diocese belonging to the Urney and Sion Mills Grouping. John Hayes was a curate for 50 years and lived in the white house across the road from the church. Ann Spears and Alfie Forbes played the organ and nowadays the Rev R.D. Mc Knight is the main man out there.